Heather Bagley has been the music teacher at River Woods for the past 10 years! She is so excited to come to school and make beautiful music with all our talented musicians!
She directs two Iowa Youth Chorus choirs after school. The first one is for students in 3rd-5th grade. The other choir is called Chorale. It is for singers in middle/high school. Many former students love to come back and sing together in this group!
Ms. Bagley is also working on master’s in education from Drake University. She will graduate in May 2023 but will continue her education to obtain her Administrative License.
In her free time, she likes to visit her family in Colorado. She is a proud aunt of two nephews, Mike and Nate. She has been known to do some sewing. She also loves to cheer on former students in all they do! So send her a message on teams, and she will do her best to attend your event!!
Physical Education Teacher
- Drake University- Bachelor’s in Education with an endorsement in Reading
- St. Ambrose University- Physical Education endorsement
- Excited to start my first year as a physical education teacher at River Woods Elementary this school year!
- Kindergarten and 3rd grade Reading and Math Interventionist- 1 year at Morris Elementary
- Substitute Teacher- 2 years in Waukee and West Des Moines School Districts
- I am married to my husband Steve. We have two children together and have two grandsons. My family is very important to me and I enjoy spending time with them. I love to run and I have completed 20 marathons. I also enjoy triathlons and have complete 2 full Ironmans. I also enjoy kickboxing and I have been a member of Farrell’s for three years. I love to be outdoors and finding new adventures. I also enjoy reading. My summer job is teaching swim lessons. I feel it is very important for child to learn to swim. My lifestyle is focused on being healthy and living life to the fullest!
UNI- Bachelor’s in Education, Minor in Art Education
Walden- Masters in Reading and Literacy
Upper elementary, self contained classroom teacher: 14 years
Instructional Coach: 4 years
Program Specialist for New Teacher Support at the district level: 4 years
I am so excited to be an art teacher here at River Woods! It has been a lifelong dream to connect my love of art with my love of teaching. I was born and raised in the Des Moines area and happy to be home. When I am not working on ceramics in my studio, I love traveling all of the world taking pictures, seeing local art and sampling new kinds of cuisine.