- Drake University-Masters in Culturally Responsive Leadership and Instruction
- Iowa State University- Minor in Child/Adult Family Services and a Social Studies Endorsement
- Drake University- Bachelors Degree in Elementary Education with a Reading Endorsement
- 4th grade- 6 years
- 2nd/3rd grade Teacher at River Woods- 1 year
- I live in Des Moines with my husband, my son, two dogs and one cat. In my free time, I enjoy drinking endless amounts of coffee, getting together with friends and family, cooking and have movie and pizza nights with my husband.
- Minnesota State University- Masters in K-12 School Counseling
- Bethany Lutheran College (Minnesota)- Bachelors in Psychology Counseling Emphasis with minors in Business Administration and Sociology
- Counselor- 4 Years
I grew up in Minnesota and still visit my family there often. I love spending time outdoors in any capacity, especially at lakes and mountains.
- Drake University- Master’s Degree in Culturally Responsive Leadership and Instruction
- Wartburg College- Bachelor’s Degree in Elementary Education with endorsements in Reading and Early Childhood
- River Woods Elementary- 14 Years
- Moulton Elementary- 12 Years
- I am married to a great wife. We have two sons, one that attends Des Moines East and one that is serving in the US Navy. We have a cat, and two very large Greyhounds. I enjoy watching sporting events, taking road trips, bicycling, and watching movies. I am an avid Star Wars, Marvel Superheroes, and Snoopy fan. Go Cubs and Iowa Wolves!
- Simpson College- Elementary Education
- University of Iowa- Dance Major
- 4th Grade
- Title Reading/Math- 1 Year
- I enjoy spending time with my family, my husband Mike, my dog Hank, my son Evrett, and my daughter Cora. I also enjoy camping, kayaking, working outside, and reading. I grew up on a farm in northwest Iowa and enjoy going to the zoo, science center, and trying to go to every playground in the metro area!
- Drake University- Bachelor’s in Education with an endorsement in Reading
- St. Ambrose University- Physical Education endorsement
- Excited to start my first year as a physical education teacher at River Woods Elementary this school year!
- Kindergarten and 3rd grade Reading and Math Interventionist- 1 year at Morris Elementary
- Substitute Teacher- 2 years in Waukee and West Des Moines School Districts
- I am married to my husband Steve. We have two children together and have two grandsons. My family is very important to me and I enjoy spending time with them. I love to run and I have completed 20 marathons. I also enjoy triathlons and have complete 2 full Ironmans. I also enjoy kickboxing and I have been a member of Farrell’s for three years. I love to be outdoors and finding new adventures. I also enjoy reading. My summer job is teaching swim lessons. I feel it is very important for child to learn to swim. My lifestyle is focused on being healthy and living life to the fullest!
· Viterbo University, West Des Moines Campus- PK-12 Administrator & Evaluator License, Gifted and Talented Endorsement
· Framingham State College, Framingham, MA- Master’s of Education in international Education
· University of Northern Iowa, Cedar Falls, IA- Bachelor’s Degree in Elementary Education with an emphasis in math
· Dean of Students
· TLC Instructional Coach
· Induction Coach for Beginning Teachers
· Math Coach/Leader
· Classroom Teacher K-5
My husband, Mark, and I have two boys ages 23 and 27. Our oldest attends Purdue University in Indiana and our youngest attends Georgia Tech in Atlanta.
As a family we enjoy gardening, traveling, and learning about people and places around the world. My most recent travels took me to Montana. This is a state I have wanted to visit for a very long time. I loved the beautiful trees, the streams and sunrises!
I am excited to work with staff and students at River Woods as we Think, Learn, and Grow together.
- Upper Iowa University – Bachelor’s Degree in Elementary Education and K-8 Reading endorsement
- 3rd Grade – 2017 to 2019
- 1st Grade – 2019 to present
- Grandview University- Bachelor’s Degree in Elementary Education with endorsements in Reading, Language Arts, and Math
- Viterbo University – Master’s Degree in Teacher Leadership and Instructional Coaching
- Current: 3rd Grade Teacher – 5 years
- Instructional Coach- 3 years
- 4th/5th Grade Reading and Math Support- 1 year
- 1st Grade in Woodward-Granger School District- 9 years
- University of Iowa- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications with an endorsement in Education K-6, Social Studies, and Language Arts
- I started out working in the insurance industry as an account manager for small businesses. I missed kids and the creativity that comes with working with children, so I went back to school to get my teaching endorsement. I have been teaching now for 21 years. The first three years I taught in Houston, TX at Aldine ISD. The school was enormous. It had 10 first grade classrooms and an additional 4 bilingual classrooms. (Yes, that’s just the first grade in a k-5 school!) Des Moines offered me a job as a title and Reading Recovery teacher at Lucas, so I decided to move back to Iowa to be closer to family and the chance to enjoy 4 seasons again. After 3 years as a Reading Recovery teacher, I was chosen to be one of the first literacy leaders in the district. I worked as a literacy leader/coach for 8-9 years at several schools around the district. I missed the classroom and working directly with children all day, so I put in for a transfer to River Woods and have been here ever since serving as an intervention teacher and then 2nd grade classroom teacher.
- I have 2 step-children and two furry children. I love spending time with my family and friends. I am active in my church, an avid sports fan (Go Hawkeyes!!) and I enjoy reading, cooking and primitive rug hooking.
- Morningside College- Master’s in Special Education
- Iowa State University- Bachelor’s Degree in Elementary Education
- Special Education- 4 Years
- When I’m not at school I enjoy reading, scrapbooking, traveling and spending time with my family.
- Upper Iowa University- Bachelor’s in Elementary Education
- Endorsements in Reading and Language Arts
- 3rd Grade at River Woods- 1 year
- I enjoy volunteering for The Fence Project of Des Moines: We strive to help dogs live an unchained life with their family. I love spending time with my husband and pet family as well as fishing, camping, and traveling.
- University of Northern Iowa- Master’s Degree in Speech Pathology
- River Woods and Moulton Speech Language Pathologist
- Des Moines Public Schools- 15 Years
- I am married and have 3 children who live in Denver, Boston, and Chicago- all great places to visit!
I’m one of the original staff at River Woods, having worked here since the building opened in 2000. I am married and have 4 children ranging in age from 17 to 24. My husband is a teacher and coach at Lincoln High School, so you will find me at many events there. In my free time, I enjoy reading, photography, and going to the movies.
- Drake University- Bachelor’s Degree in Elementary Education with endorsements in Reading and Social Studies
- Drake Univeristy- Master’s in Culturally Responsive Teaching and Leadership
- 1st Grade- 9 Years
- 3rd Grade- 1 Year
- Preschool- 2 Years
- I am from Moline, Illinois. I have two sons, Harry (7) and Theo (1). I love to read in my free time and we spend a lot of time at the library. In the summer, we like watch baseball.
· Upper Iowa University Elementary Education with an English/Language Arts endorsement.
· 3rd grade -1 year
· 5th grade -18 years
· This is my 19th year of teaching and my 19th year at River Woods!
· We have two teenage sons at home and another son who is grown and living on his own, plus a furry daughter, Bernadette, who is part Pug and part Mini Australian shepherd. In my off time, you could find me spending time at the lake, reading, or perfecting my cookie recipes.
- Drake University – Bachelor’s Degree in Elementary Education with a Reading Endorsement
- First grade – 5 years
- Kindergarten -3 years
- K-3 Reading Interventionist- 1 year
I enjoy spending time with my husband Skylar and our three kids. I also enjoy reading, watching movies, and baking.
- University of Iowa- Elementary Classroom Certification K-6 with endorsements in Reading K-8, Social Studies K-8, and ELL K-12
- University of Northern Iowa- Bachelor’s Degree in Nonprofit Administration
- ELL at River Woods since Fall of 2010
- Kindergarten- 2 Years
- ELL teacher River Woods/Capital View
- ELL teacher in Washington, Iowa
- Kindergarten- Colegio Ingles in Torreon, Coahuila, Mexico
- ELL/Title Reading & Math in Dows, Iowa- 2 Years
- I volunteer with several of the local theater groups and enjoy helping students discover the joy of theater. I also enjoy gardening and sharing produce with friends and family.
- University of Northern Iowa- Advance Studies in Educational Leadership; Administration PreK-12 and Special Education
- Drake University- Master’s Degree in Education with emphasis on Special Education; Consultant Endorsement
- Grand View College- Bachelor’s Degree in Elementary Education with endorsements in Early Childhood, Social Studies and Special Education
- Dean of Students- 2 Years
- Special Education Consultant – 7 years
- Behavior Interventionist – 2 year
- Special Education K-3 – 10 years
- I love spending time with my husband Harry, and 2 teenage daughters, Miranda (18) and Natalie (15). We have lived in the Easter Lake area for the past 18 years. I stay busy with my children’s activities and traveling with my family.
- Upper Iowa University- Bachelor’s Degree in Elementary Education with a Reading Endorsement
- Kindergarten- 4 years
- 1st Grade – 1year
- 4th Grade – 2nd Year
- I enjoy coaching various sports throughout the district. I am the Head Volleyball coach and Head Girls Bowling coach at East High!
- I enjoy fishing with my dad during the summer months!
- I like to stay active by playing soccer, basketball, volleyball, softball, and more!
- I love spending time with my wife, Renae, and our 3 kids, Jordan, Carter, and Lucas!
- I love listening to music and playing video games, when I have free time!
- I grew up in Des Moines and attended Moore Elementary and Meredith Middle School, before moving to Urbandale High School to finishhigh school.
- Before teaching, I worked as a plumber, accountant, and general laborer.
- University of Northern Iowa- Bachelor’s Degree in Elementary Education and K-8 Literacy endorsement
- Academic Interventionist- 1 year
- 3rd Grade- 1 year
- University of Iowa- Bachelor’s Degree in Elementary Education with a Reading Endorsement
- Title Reading and Math at River Woods Elementary
- 1st Grade at River Woods Elementary
- I enjoy spending time with family and friends when I’m not at school. My husband and I enjoy riding bikes, doing home improvement projects, and traveling. I also enjoy reading, doing craft projects, and going for walks with friends.
- University of Northern Iowa – Bachelor’s Degree in Elementary Education with a reading endorsement
- River Woods Elementary – 7 years
- Urbandale and Johnston Elementaries – 16 years
Family and Hobbies
- My husband and I have three daughters, a son, a dog and two cats. I enjoy spending time with my family, going to my children’s events, being outside, playing games, watching movies, and reading.
University of Northern Iowa – Bachelor’s Degree in Elementary and Middle Level Education
- Taught English abroad in Thailand for 6 months
- 4th Grade – 1 year
In my free time, I enjoy spending time with family and friends. I also love baking, painting, and reading! I like to travel any chance I get and have visited 6 different countries.
- Grand View – Masters of Education with emphasis on English Language Learners
- Grand View – ELL Endorsement; Reading Endorsement
- University of Northern Iowa- Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education
- ELL Teacher – 1st year
- Kindergarten- 9 years
- 1st grade- 2 years
- Universal Pre-K- 4 years
- I like spending time with my friends and family, reading, crafting, and learning new things.I love animals and have 2 cats, a leopard gecko, 2 bearded dragons, and a red-footed tortoise at home. I have a box turtle in our classroom.