- Drake University- pursuing Master’s Degree in Culturally Responsive Leadership and Instruction
- Iowa State University- Minor in Child/Adult Family Services and a Social Studies Endorsement
- Drake University- Bachelors Degree in Elementary Education with a Reading Endorsement
- 4th grade- 1 year
- 2nd/3rd grade Teacher at River Woods- 1 year
- Substitute Teacher for Des Moines, Urbandale, and Johnston School Districts- 6 months
- I live in Des Moines with my husband, my son, two dogs and one cat. In my free time, I enjoy drinking endless amounts of coffee, getting together with friends and family, cooking and have movie and pizza nights with my husband.
- Briar Cliff University- Bachelor’s Degree in Music
- K-5 Music at River Woods Elementary-3 Years
- K-8 Music at Sacred Heart School in Sioux City, IA- 7 Years
- When I am not teaching, I enjoy reading, cooking and visiting family and friends. I enjoy traveling and learning about World Music Drumming!
- Minnesota State University- Masters in K-12 School Counseling
- Bethany Lutheran College (Minnesota)- Bachelors in Psychology Counseling Emphasis with minors in Business Administration and Sociology
- Counselor- 4 Years
I grew up in Minnesota and still visit my family there often. I love spending time outdoors in any capacity, especially at lakes and mountains.
Classroom Twitter- https://twitter.com/riverwoodsdeck
- Drake University- Master’s Degree in Culturally Responsive Leadership and Instruction
- Wartburg College- Bachelor’s Degree in Elementary Education with endorsements in Reading and Early Childhood
- River Woods Elementary- 9 Years
- Moulton Elementary- 12 Years
- I have a wife, two boys, two cats, and a very large Greyhound. I enjoy watching sporting events, taking road trips, running, and watching movies. I am an avid Star Wars, Marvel Superheroes, and Snoopy fan. Go Cubs and Iowa Wolves!
- Simpson College- Elementary Education
- University of Iowa- Dance Major
- 4th Grade- First Year
- Title Reading/Math- 1 Year
- I enjoy spending time with my family, my husband Mike and my dog Hank. I also enjoy camping, kayaking, working outside, and reading. I grew up on a farm in northwest Iowa and enjoy Hawkeye football.
- Drake University- Bachelor’s in Education with an endorsement in Reading
- St. Ambrose University- Physical Education endorsement
- Excited to start my first year as a physical education teacher at River Woods Elementary this school year!
- Kindergarten and 3rd grade Reading and Math Interventionist- 1 year at Morris Elementary
- Substitute Teacher- 2 years in Waukee and West Des Moines School Districts
- I am married to my husband Steve. We have two children together and have two grandsons. My family is very important to me and I enjoy spending time with them. I love to run and I have completed 20 marathons. I also enjoy triathlons and have complete 2 full Ironmans. I also enjoy kickboxing and I have been a member of Farrell’s for three years. I love to be outdoors and finding new adventures. I also enjoy reading. My summer job is teaching swim lessons. I feel it is very important for child to learn to swim. My lifestyle is focused on being healthy and living life to the fullest!
Facebook Page- French Fried in Room 105
- University of Iowa- Bachelor’s in English
- Mount Mercy University- Bachelor’s in Elementary Education
- 4th Grade- 7 years
- I live with my daughter, Michaela, my dog and 2 cats! I enjoy playing with my daughter, reading, and watching movies.
- Viterbo University, West Des Moines Campus- PK-12 Administrator & Evaluator License, Gifted and Talented Endorsement
- Framingham State College, Framingham, MA- Master’s of Education in international Education
- University of Northern Iowa, Cedar Falls, IA- Bachelor’s Degree in Elementary Education with an emphasis in math
- Dean of Students
- TLC Instructional Coach
- Induction Coach for Beginning Teachers
- Math Coach/Leader
- Classroom Teacher K-5
- My husband, Mark, and I have two boys ages 19 and 22. Our oldest attends Purdue University in Indiana and our youngest is currently on a bridge year in France before entering college in the fall of 2018. As a family we enjoy gardening, traveling, and learning about people and places around the world. My most recent travels took me to Norway where I visited places my grandfather and grandmother lived and worked before moving to the United States in the early 1900’s. As a family, we went to Alaska and saw lots of animals in nature including brown and black bears, caribou, moose, and whales. Our family even caught salmon from a stream with our bare hands!
I am excited to work with staff and students at River Woods as we Think, Learn, and Grow together.
- Grandview University- Bachelor’s Degree in Elementary Education with endorsements in Reading, Language Arts, and Math
- Instructional Coach- 1 Year
- 4th/5th Grade Reading and Math Support- 1 Year
- 1st Grade in Woodward-Granger School District- 9 Years
- Drake University- Master’s in Literacy Education with an English Language Learner Endorsement
- Wartburg College- Bachelor’s Degree in Elementary Education with a Reading Endorsement
- 3rd Grade- 6 years
- I live in Des Moines with my husband, two dogs, and one cat. In my free time I like to go shopping and out for coffee with my mom, watch movies with my husband, read, and go for walks with my dogs.
- University of Iowa- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications with an endorsement in Education K-6, Social Studies, and Language Arts
- I started out working in the insurance industry as an account manager for small businesses. I missed kids and the creativity that comes with working with children, so I went back to school to get my teaching endorsement. I have been teaching now for 21 years. The first three years I taught in Houston, TX at Aldine ISD. The school was enormous. It had 10 first grade classrooms and an additional 4 bilingual classrooms. (Yes, that’s just the first grade in a k-5 school!) Des Moines offered me a job as a title and Reading Recovery teacher at Lucas, so I decided to move back to Iowa to be closer to family and the chance to enjoy 4 seasons again. After 3 years as a Reading Recovery teacher, I was chosen to be one of the first literacy leaders in the district. I worked as a literacy leader/coach for 8-9 years at several schools around the district. I missed the classroom and working directly with children all day, so I put in for a transfer to River Woods and have been here ever since serving as an intervention teacher and then 2nd grade classroom teacher.
- I have 2 step-children and two furry children. I love spending time with my family and friends. I am active in my church, an avid sports fan (Go Hawkeyes!!) and I enjoy reading, cooking and primitive rug hooking.
- Morningside College- Master’s in Special Education
- Iowa State University- Bachelor’s Degree in Elementary Education
- Special Education- 4 Years
- When I’m not at school I enjoy reading, scrapbooking, traveling and spending time with my family.
- Upper Iowa University- Bachelor’s in Elementary Education
- Endorsements in Reading and Language Arts
- 3rd Grade at River Woods- 1 year
- I enjoy volunteering for The Fence Project of Des Moines: We strive to help dogs live an unchained life with their family. I love spending time with my husband and pet family as well as fishing, camping, and traveling.
- University of Northern Iowa- Master’s Degree in Speech Pathology
- River Woods and Moulton Speech Language Pathologist
- Des Moines Public Schools- 15 Years
- I am married and have 3 children who live in Denver, Boston, and Chicago- all great places to visit!
I’m one of the original staff at River Woods, having worked here since the building opened in 2000. I am married and have 4 children ranging in age from 17 to 24. My husband is a teacher and coach at Lincoln High School, so you will find me at many events there. In my free time, I enjoy reading, photography, and going to the movies.
- Drake University- Bachelor’s Degree in Elementary Education with endorsements in Reading and Social Studies
- 1st Grade- 3 Years
- Preschool- 2 Years
- I am from Moline, Illinois. In my free time, I like to walk my dog George and play with my son Harrison.
- Northern Arizona University- Master’s Degree in Bilingual and Multicultural Education with an endorsement in English as a Second Language
- University of Northern Iowa- Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood and Elementary Education
- I have taught for 14 years. I have taught in Arizona, Germany, Colombia, and Iowa.
- I enjoy yoga, cooking, and traveling with my family.
- Upper Iowa University-Bachelor’s in Elementary Education with an endorsement in English/Language Arts
- 5th Grade- 11 Years
- 3rd Grade- 1 Year
- Drake University – Bachelor’s Degree in Elementary Education with a Reading Endorsement
- Kindergarten Teacher -2 years
- K-3 Reading Interventionist- 1 year
I enjoy spending time with my husband Skylar and our new baby girl. I also enjoy reading, watching movies, and spoiling my nieces and nephews.
- University of Iowa- Elementary Classroom Certification K-6 with endorsements in Reading K-8, Social Studies K-8, and ELL K-12
- University of Northern Iowa- Bachelor’s Degree in Nonprofit Administration
- ELL at River Woods since Fall of 2010
- Kindergarten- 2 Years
- ELL teacher River Woods/Capital View
- ELL teacher in Washington, Iowa
- Kindergarten- Colegio Ingles in Torreon, Coahuila, Mexico
- ELL/Title Reading & Math in Dows, Iowa- 2 Years
- I am very active with several of the local theater groups and enjoy helping students discover the joy of theater. I also enjoys gardening.
- University of Northern Iowa- Advance Studies in Educational Leadership; Administration PreK-12 and Special Education
- Drake University- Master’s Degree in Education with emphasis on Special Education; Consultant Endorsement
- Grand View College- Bachelor’s Degree in Elementary Education with endorsements in Early Childhood, Social Studies and Special Education
- Dean of Students- 2 Years
- Special Education Consultant – 7 years
- Behavior Interventionist – 2 year
- Special Education K-3 – 10 years
- I love spending time with my husband Harry, and 2 teenage daughters, Miranda (18) and Natalie (15). We have lived in the Easter Lake area for the past 18 years. I stay busy with my children’s activities and traveling with my family.
- Upper Iowa University- Bachelor’s Degree in Elementary Education with a Reading Endorsement
- Kindergarten- 2 years
- I enjoy coaching youth sports, playing softball, reading, and spending time with my wife and 3 kids.
- University of Northern Iowa- Bachelor’s Degree in Elementary Education and K-8 Literacy endorsement
- Academic Interventionist- 1 year
- 3rd Grade- 1 year
- University of Iowa- Bachelor’s Degree in Elementary Education with a Reading Endorsement
- Title Reading and Math at River Woods Elementary
- 1st Grade at River Woods Elementary
- I enjoy spending time with family and friends when I’m not at school. My husband and I enjoy riding bikes, doing home improvement projects, and traveling. I also enjoy reading, doing craft projects, and going for walks with friends.
- Grand View University- pursuing an English Language Learners Endorsement
- University of Northern Iowa- Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education
- Kindergarten- 5 years
- 1st grade- 2 years
- Universal Pre-K- 4 years
- I like spending time with my friends and family. I love animals and have 2 cats, a leopard gecko and a frog at home. We have a box turtle for our classroom pet.